A native of Dallas, Juan Carlos “J.C.” González has been in the financial and banking industry since 1997. Through his career, he has served on various boards including the T. J. Rusk Middle School and Maple Lawn Elementary Corporate Advisory Boards, Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber Young Professionals Committee as YP Chair, Imagine Irving Committee in Irving, Board Vice Chairman of Prism Health North Texas, and the Mayor’s Star Council in Dallas. J.C. currently serves on the Dallas I.S.D. Minority/Women Business Enterprise Advisory Committee and as the Chairman of the Board of the Irving Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
J.C. González leads a team of 12 team members including, 5 personal bankers/business advocates who are dedicated to helping small business clients in starting their business, expanding and reaching financial goals. Under his guidance, his team is involved in projects which include teaching “How to Start a Business” Seminar Series with the Regional Hispanic Contractors Association, Irving Hispanic Chamber, and Collin County College.
Another passion of J.C. is encouraging and helping high school students graduate, prepare for college, receive financial education and prepare for employment interviews. Since 2014, J.C.’s team, has been working with schools in the Dallas, Irving & Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School Districts helping High School students and their parents be better prepared for future financial success, including home ownership.
In 2016, J.C. received the Wells Fargo Service Award for his work with the Irving Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Education Foundation, was recognized as “Héroe de la Comunidad” (Community Hero) by the Texas Rangers Foundation, Irving Hispanic Chamber’s Volunteer of the Year, and Dallas Business Journal’s 40 Under 40. In February of 2017, J.C. received the Member of the Year (Private Sector) Award from the Regional Hispanic Contractors Association.
· Irving Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors Chairman (Treasurer & Education Committee Chair 2014-2016)
· Dallas I.S.D. Minority/Women Business Enterprise Advisory Committee
· Small Business Development Center at Collin County College, Instructor, Since 2015
· Regional Hispanic Contractors Association, How to Start a Business Instructor, Since 2014
· Plano Chamber of Commerce Member, Since 2015
· Farmers Branch Chamber of Commerce Member, Since 2014
· Great Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Member, Since 2001
· Mayor’s Star Council (Dallas), 2015 - 2016
· Imagine Irving Committee Member, 2015 - 2016
· YP214 (Young Professional at Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce), Chairman, 2013-2014
· Prism Health North Texas (formerly known as AIDS ARMS, Inc.), Board of Directors (1st Vice Chairman & Governance Chairman), 2009-2015
· T. J. Rusk Middle School Corporate Advisory Board Member, 2008 – 2014
· Maple Lawn Elementary School Corporate Advisory Board Member, 2008-2014
Sign up today to volunteer or to stay connected and informed on upcoming events.